20 July, 2008

Dinner with the wizard

Dear friends and family,

A few nights ago I met up again for dinner with racing coach extraordinare Rob Wilson. Rob has been staying very busy working with drivers from around the world none the least of which are with Formula 1 drivers from McLaren and Williams.

When speaking with Rob it is truly phenomenal his depth of knowledge and understand of the art and science of racing driver. I cannot say just the art or just the science of racing driver becuase he looks at racing driver in such a way that both are very much involved. Aside from his racing Rob is also a musician and one cannot help but make the comparison to the way he describes racing driving, because many times it relates to the tempo and harmony one would think of when describing music.

During our conversation Rob gave me a number of ideas to continue going forward and finding ways to get in racing seats. He also shared with me a number of ideas and philosophies on driving. It is simply phenomenal the level at which he breaks down the most simple acts in driving. When speaking with Rob he explains complex properties of a racing car in a simple way which makes you almost think you realized it on your own. In the end I believe my conversation with him is worth atleast .3 tenths of a second!

My next mission is to get on the track and start putting into practice some of the lessons he suggested!

Hope you are all doing well, I am looking forward to the week and hopefully by the end of the week will be closer to finding a sponsor!

Best regards

Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Texas,

Michael I love how you describe Rob Wilson's view of music and racing, the comparison is exactly how I feel when I race....it"s all about keeping a rhythm, cadence, and tempo. If you know the beat there aren't any surprises that throw you off. I think what you're doing is absolutely remarkable and I sincerely appreciate your determination and enjoy reading your blogs. Thank you so much for keeping the faith. "The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths." -Epictetus

Shae