14 July, 2009

Back on track

Hi Gang,

Been ages since a post, update, or anything from my end, so I hope you all are doing very well.

It has been an exciting year in mostorsport thus far and last weekend was a personal highlight for my year! After spending a ton of time instructing, riding next to people helping them with their driving, on Saturday it was time to kick them out of and take the wheel myself to get back to work.

The race was at the track that I started my driving career at, North Texas Karters, in Denton, Texas. The opposition was some of the very top drivers in American kart racing including three time US Rotax team member Jordan Musser, recent IKF Grand Nationals winners Nick Lucido and Mike Jones, along with Skusa Supernationals winner Chris Jennings amongst other strong contenders and a big field.

My ride was my Arrow shifter kart which I will be using in my next project and it is propelled by a 40 bhp Honda CR125 engine. Six-speed sequential gearbox means it goes and in a hurry. Moreso it is really loud by karting standards and when the shifter karts launch everyone stops what they are doing to come watch the race. Pretty cool to do a kart race with thousands? hundreds of people looking on!

The racing went very well and irregardless of a lack of testing and sorting out the chassis I was able to finish in 4th. While 4th isn't the result I was looking for I was really pleased with the pace. Had a few breaks in traffic gone differently then it could have been a much better result.

The project that has been keeping me so busy is set in shifter kart program which I have more or less been burried in for the past few months. I never knew how much went into launching such a project but the final pieces are coming together (I believe) and you are welcome to check out the first draft here:

www.superkartchallenge.com

Hope you all enjoy and look forward to speaking soon.

Best wishes

Michael

No comments: