20 September, 2008

MJDrive: New World Record - Back to Back Cross Atlantic flight - Also: British Government holds down American F1 contingency

Dear Friends,

As many of you know earlier this week I boarded a flight to take me back to England and get back to the effort of getting to Formula 1. Little did I know in this process I would set a new world record: fastest consecutive cross-atlantic flights.

My flight left from Dallas / Fort Worth International airport on Wednesday afternoon at 530 p.m. By my calculations 8 hours later I had crossed the Atlantic Ocean and arrived over British soil and by 9 1/2 hours I had landed at Heathrow airport in London. Once on ground in the brand new, 'ultra modern' terminal five. We painstakingly slowly disembarker our plane and loaded onto a bus which took our flight to immigration/boarder crossing to get our passports stamped. Well, that was the plan atleast.

When I arrived at the immigration this lady who was on a mission to prove something took a look at my passport and immediately launched into 21 questions. Who are you? Why are you here?? What are you planning on doing??? After explaining my name was Michael, I am here on our countries mutually agreed upon tourist visa which allows us to visit the other country for up to six months, and I intend on watching some premiere league football, looking at castles, and enjoying some british weather, the lady decided she wasn't satisfied. She took me out of line and into an office where she repeated the same questions and asking why I was returning again to the country after so recently being here. These questions carried on for half an hour or so before she told me she thought I was lying and that I was in the country to work. (clealy my broad shoulders sold her on the construction worker type).

After a complete tear down and inspection of my bags this increasingly charming lady (not), repeated for the third time the same set of questions trying to get me to tell her I had came to the country for working. By this time four hours had passed and it was nearly noon. My friend Bradley Philpott who had came to the airport to pick me up was, I am sure, getting particularly pissed, especially after turning up at the airport at 8 a.m. to pick me up. With a further no explination the lady left only to return a couple of hours later to announce she had came to the conclusion that I had came to the country to work and I had been booked for a return flight to the United States on the next possible flight.

With no course to refute this decision I was stuck and my only option was to get on the flight back to the states. Thirteen hours of flying later I arrived back at Dallas / Forth Worth airport clenching the new world record for fastest consecutive cross atlantic flights. Now, while I am most pleased to receive an award for being the fastest at anything, you can be assured I am not one bit happy with this situation, and to say that is in fact a massive understatement.

After I got home I slept for about 13 hours. After waking up I spent most of the day thinking about the massive flow of east europeans who are currently overwhelming the british social benefits system and how damn awful fish and chips are. Now that I have spent sufficient time hating that immigration cow, I am going to start focusing my energies back where they belong on getting back to the top of motorsport.

Michael

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow man that sucks, sorry to hear that, there just jealous of your potential. Never give up Never surrender!!!

Tommy

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

What a BITCH!!! You should have tried to charm her dude, or at least come up with a better story, lol. You should have said you were a student or something. Anyways, I hope you get this matter sorted out soon!

Anonymous said...

that's a good idea, you are a student of racing! :)

sorry about all the traveling and not being there.

BTW, don't make fun of Fish & Chips, I love them! I have to hunt down the malt vinegar everytime though.

Give me a call if you will still be here October 4th.