01 October, 2008

Setting up in Houston

Dear Friends and Family,

On at invitation from the circuit director, I have returned to MSR Houston to continue the work I was doing with their racing program before my travels to and from England.

I drove down to Houston last night and had dinner with my friend, motorsport artist Kevin Paige (www.kevinpaigeart.com). We weren't sure where to go for dinner but stopped at a place called Willie G's Seafood and Steakhouse. We certainly weren't dressed for the occasion but looked cool nonetheless in our racing inspired attire. Most people were wearing button up shirts and ties. On receiving the menu we realized we hadn't budgeted appropriately for the evening either! We managed to make a few thrify selections and ended up having a great meal!

Since I have been in Houston I have found a few reminiants of Hurricane Ike which blew threw here not much more than a few weeks ago. Many places appear that they were not even touched by the storm.

I borrowed a super cool 'tour bus' style motor home and I will be literally living at the track! I am going to be applying for a proper work visa so I can get back to England soon. In the meantime, I think this is a fantastic place to be!

Wishing you the best

Michael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael, good luck with the Visa - look forward to your return and make sure you stay in touch! You are always welcome to crash over at my place.

Take care
Laura

Unknown said...

Thats great that not your not sitting still, Kevins one of my friends on myspace, I like his art pieces, since myself use be into racing art, amazing stuff. Keep Going!