02 March, 2008

British Formula Ford Championship Director

Dear friends,

Today I met with Sam Roach the managing director of Racingline, the organization which manages the British Formula Ford Championship (as well I must add for the series current success and resurgence in popularity). Mr. Roach's operation is based in Milton Keynes and is very impressive organization. Aside from managing the Formula Ford championship they manage another race series along with other motorsports related marketing programs.

After riding around the British rail system for a few hours I arrived in Milton Keynes the home of Racingline. Mr. Roach was kind enough to pick me up from the station in his VW Jetta and we blasted off down the road towards his office. As we were heading down the road he explained Milton Keynes is one of the few cities in the UK which is actually based on a grid system. We flew from round about to round about, separated by what to Mr. Roach was, I am sure, medium lengthed straight aways. Mr. Roach who is a racing driver in his own right said the left front tyre on his jetta always demanded more service than the rest. I am sure that had nothing to do with the abuse it received under hard braking and the G forces he put it through in Milton Keynes round about systems.



Once we arrived at the Racingline headquarters I received the official tour of the facility which seemed to quickly pass the business offices, lounge, coffee bar, and headed directly to the racing shop where there were a number of cool racing inspired (and proper racing machines) on display. Although I would say without question the highlight of their collection was the Ford Rally car, my attention was also caugh by a VW van which Mr. Roach tells me competes in a road racing series where cars of many makes and models compete against one another and are balanced out by weight.
The Ford Team RS Rally Car
A Racing mini van!
One of the VW Racecars on display for the Saloon classes.




After Mr. Roach and I sat down in the Racingline conference room I was very happy to learn about the approach which Ford United Kingdom as well as Racingline take to the series. We were also able to discuss a number of opportunities which I will have within the series as well as with some of the teams that compete in the series. At the conclussion of the meeting I felt like I had made a fantastic new contact and confirmed that moving to the UK to participate in this series is the right decision.

Next week looks to also have a number of exciting meetings coming up as I will be following up with some of the teams Mr. Roach suggested I contact as well as with Van Diemen one of the top British racing car manufactures who I actually have a history with.

I hope you all are doing well and I appreciate the notes you have been sending me.

Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'day Mike,
What a great Blog Site! It looks like you are having the time of your life.
Live large,
Dave
PS: What kind of camera are you using? You are getting great pictures.