01 May, 2008

Super Training at Palmer Sport

Dear Friends,

Last week I got on with the job at Palmer Sport. Although I am not officially working, I have reached an agreement with the directors where as they are allowing me to continue 'training' until my work permit goes through.

'Training' at Palmer Sport has been fantastic however they have kept me working like a trojan. I arrive around 745AM and don't typically leave until around 8PM. Although the day usually ends a bit earlier there are often times things going on afterwork such as tests with the Palmer Audi Championship cars or various track days which I do my best to get involved with. Last week during the a track day I got to see some wanker lob* a Pagani Zonda into a field! Luckily there was no damage done aside from that to the drivers ego, reputation, and I'm sure he has no friends now.

*The term 'lob' is new to me but I really like this one. If it needs any clarification 'lobbing a car' is when a driver misses a corner, brake point, or generally runs out of talent and 'lobs' the car into the field. NICE!

I have been really happy with the opportunity to be a part of Palmer Sport. The organization is absolutely top flight, with really good people, and it is very satisfying to see the excitement of the guests who come through the doors and get to experience the driving.

This weekend I will be traveling to Brands Hatch for the final round of the A1GP racing series. I have arranged a meeting with the United States team and am looking forward to meeting the team. Also the Formula Palmer Audi championship will be racing in support of the A1GP so I am looking forward to seeing many of my colleagues going for it.

Hope you are all doing very well.

Michael

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha cool, a new racing lingo for me to know and to teach..."Lob". Thats great things are going well forya there at Palmer Sport, think of it this way your working in the trenches, the runt side of motorsports, but I believe it will pay off greatly for you one day. Keep it up, Your motorsport friend.