03 June, 2008

A Big "Thank You" to somebody...

This week I had some incredible things to share with you on the mjdrive online diary. Last weekend I took my first trip to Paris where I captured some great images I was looking forward to posting, furthermore I have uncovered some really cool (and funny) stories about the past racers/instructors at Palmer Sport that I wanted to share as well.

However... Somebody had to go and spoil it for everybody. I am not sure excactly who it is, but SOMEONE found out that Palmer Sport has a special 'birthday' tradition. The lucky birthday boy or girl is routinely rounded up and thrown into the onsite pond which was a part of the old rally course.

While I was well aware of this tradition I thought things were going along swimmingly and I might even be able to sneak under the radar without anyone finding out Wednesday is my birthday. SOMEONE apparently decided they should let Palmer Sport know and sent an anonymous email directly to Dr. Jonathan Palmer's office to let him know that tomorrow, 4 June, is my birthday. Immediately the Palmer Sport machine went into action and by the end of the day today my birthday announcement was on the whiteboard in the chief instructors office.

So, without the slightest hint of sarcasm, THANK YOU VERY MUCH and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Depending on the results of tomorrow's dunkings and whether ot not this certain person comes forward, you now may or may not get to hear the great stories I found out about Lewis Hamilton, photos of Paris, and all the latest happenings in the world of motorsport!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Michael

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA thats really funny, but just to let you know it wasnt me who sent the message so you can share the stories with me ha. But hey have yourself a good day as well.

Anonymous said...

Ah now you can't dangle things like that over our heads! Give us the scoop!

Unknown said...

Michael,

Happy Birthday!!! I am so glad to be first person posting to congratulate you, I hope you have an awesome day!! :-))Can wait to see the Paris pics, hear about the swim at the pond there at Palmer and Lewis' stories... Parabens e um beijo

Anonymous said...

Dear Michael,
I can't imagine who would do that, but WHOEVER that SOMEONE is must be running with the big guys over there to get to Jonathon Palmer!

Happy 25th Birthday and enjoy your helmet. Just remember, don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. Have a fun day.
Marilyn, PSOTMJDTF1

Anonymous said...

Be glad your b-day is in June rather than Dec.