06 April, 2008

The Flying Chicken

All great ships have great names. Such classics as the USS Lollipop, the Flying Dutchman, and her royal navy's HMS Cockburn top the charts as some of the all time best. The naming of such a vessel is a timeless tradition whereby seamen bestow an appropriate title to the vessel which their lives will ultimately depend, or atleast their ability to tred water.

After much research, searching, and looking at vehicles I have purchased a road going vessle for myself. As the name of such a vehicle is of crucial importance I took a very fair and honest look at the vehicle which I have purchased. A 2001 Navy Blue Volkswagen Polo hatchback with 1.4 liter engine.

The name I have chosen is derived from the name which Volkswagen gave the car Polo. I feel one cannot help but notice how close the word Polo is to the spanish word 'pollo' which means 'chicken.' On account of the fact I intend to be blazing across England in this vehichle I have named my machine The Flying Chicken.

As soon as I have a chance I will put up a few photos of the flying chicken. As you can imagine I am very excited about this new addition to my program. I am no longer dependent on public transport and there is going to be no drama associated with getting to race tracks.

I have also been working on finding a permanent residence, so now that I have a car hopefully this will happen very soon and I can stop living out of a suitcase!!

Hope you have a great week.

Michael

No comments: